Departments or functional areas on campus may request a Generic email account in the
Exchange system. Generic accounts allow the department or area to have an email address
for the public that will remain static and isn't affected by employee turnover. Generic
account requests can only be made by a UVU employee.
How to request a generic account
1. Go to the Generic Account Request Tool. 2. Log in with the requestor's UV ID and password. 3. Complete the form with the Account Information. 4. Click Submit Request. The generic account request will be approved by the CIO, Ray Walker, before it becomes
1. Use Outlook Web Access to log in to the Generic account. 2. Use the Delegate Tool to configure access for those who need full access to the Generic Account. • Once given access, the account will be an option on the left side of the Outlook
window. • To open the generic account, click on the account name
Have Sent Items appear in the Delegated Account's Sent Items folder instead of the
Delegate Sent Items Folder
• Login to OWA as the Delegated Account (for example the Generic Account, Director,
• Click on Options in the upper right corner and select “See all options”.
• Click on Settings in the left pane.
• Click on the Sent Items icon in the upper pane
• In the drop box under the section “Messages sent as this mailbox will appear in
the Sent Items folder of the:” select “From Mailbox”. If you want to have the messages
show up in both the sender’s and the delegate’s Sent Items folder select “Sender and
• This setting can also be set by the Exchange Admin if requested.
Courtesy accounts may be requested for individuals who are not employed by UVU but
are affiliated with UVU and need an account to access the UVU network and the UVU
email system. All courtesy accounts have 8 digits beginning with CA (e.g., CA009999).
Courtesy account requests can only be made by a UVU employee who is the sponsor of
How to request a courtesy account
1. Go to the Courtesy Account Request Tool. 2. Log in with sponsor's UV ID and password 3. Complete the form with the Account Information for the person needing the courtesy
account 4. Click Submit Request An email will be sent to the sponsor when the account has been created.