Frequently Asked Questions

Application Fee Waiver

Q: Can I get an application fee waiver?

As of December 1, 2013 UVU no longer accepts admissions application fee waivers. 

Waiving Accuplacer Testing for Religious/Humanitarian/Military Service

Q: I am outside of Utah and I cannot complete the Accuplacer Testing before the deadline. What do I do?

In almost every circumstance the Office of Admissions will not waive placement testing requirements. To be considered for an exception we require additional details and verification information in an email to our office. Please provide your full legal name, date of birth and a brief summary of your situation. Also, please attach your returning flight itinerary or other documentation showing your return date or other official documentation verifying when you will return to Utah. Email your documentation to The Office of Admissions will review each request on a case-by-case basis.


Homeschool Transcripts

Q: I was homeschooled. How do I provide an official transcript?

In lieu of the official high school transcript or GED required for admission purposes, a notarized homeschool transcript and notarized Affidavit of Completion of Homeschool form is required. Submit the notarized documentation to:
Utah Valley University, Admissions Office MS 106, 800 West University Parkway, Orem, Utah 84058
UVU Homeschool Affidavit (PDF)

International Admissions

Q: I am an international student. How do I apply to your school and what documentation do I need to provide?

International Students admission.

All admission materials must be received by mail or courier. No email or fax documentation will be accepted.

After reviewing all of the information provided in the application packet, please feel free to email your questions or concerns to

Getting Started at UVU

Q: After I am admitted, how do I get started at Utah Valley University?

In order to guide you from admission to successful registration in classes, we have simplified the process in to 5 easy steps. It is intended that you complete each step concurrently to avoid unnecessary hurdles or complications. “Getting Started at UVU”

Establishing Utah Residency for Tuition Purposes

Q: How do I apply for Utah residency for tuition purposes?

You must be admitted to the university in order to apply for Utah residency. Upon review of our “Green Sheet” you should visit your myUVU account to submit an application for residency. Feel free to contact our Residency Office at if you have additional questions or concerns.

Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

Q: How do I find information on the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) scholarship?

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) provides students from the fourteen participating states to attend Utah Valley University at a reduced non-resident student rate. To be considered for the scholarship, students must be from an eligible WUE state, be admitted into an approved major, and complete the WUE Contract through the Scholarship Application. Entering freshmen, readmitted students and transfer students are eligible. WUE is only available to students that have not previously completed a Bachelor's degree.

Application Status Update

Q: How do I find out about the status of my admissions application?

During peak application periods, missing items can take up to two weeks to be processed after being received. For your up-to-date application status, please log back into your online application.

ACT/SAT Scores

Q: What is an official ACT/SAT score and how do I send my scores to UVU?

In order to be admitted to UVU all students under 20 years old (by the first day of the semester) are required to submit official ACT/SAT scores. For student 20 or older, we require acceptable college level math and English credits or the Accuplacer placement test. These tests are available through our Testing Services Department. For information on when, where, and how to take the Accuplacer or ACT-R, visit Testing Services

To have your official ACT scores sent to UVU visit ACT

To have your official SAT scores sent to UVU visit SAT

PLEASE NOTE- Many high schools include official ACT/SAT scores on the official high school transcript. We encourage you to check with your high school to see if they include this information. If so, we will take your scores from the official transcript.

Official High School Transcripts

Q: What is an official transcript? How do I send them to UVU?

Official high school transcripts must arrive at the UVU Office of Admission in an officially sealed envelope directly from the high school. Transcripts in officially sealed envelopes may also be hand delivered to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts can arrive via email if they are emailed directly from the high school to Transcripts can be faxed (801.863.8913) if they are sent directly from the high school and the fax includes the school's cover page. Transcripts that are not emailed or faxed directly from the high school or arrive in an open or unofficial envelope are considered unofficial and will not satisfy the admission requirement. To have your high school transcript sent to UVU please contact the registrar at your high school. Official transcripts may also be sent electronically through Parchment. Please check with your high school.

PLEASE NOTE- Many high schools include official ACT/SAT scores on the official high school transcript. We encourage you to check with your high school to see if they include this information.

Official College Transcripts

Q: How do I send my official college transcripts to UVU?

Transcripts must be issued within the last 6 months. Transcripts with an issue date over 6 months will not be accepted. Official college transcripts may be sent electronically from the sending institution to or sent through the mail.

Utah Valley University
Attention: Admissions Office MS 106
800 West University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058-5999

Transfer Students: If UVU accepts 24 or more of your transferred credits, we will waive the official high school transcript for admission purposes only. However, please be aware that one of the requirements for Financial Aid is verification of high school completion or GED. If UVU accepts any of your credits as College level math or English the need for placement testing in that subject will be waived for admission purposes. If you do not want to wait for your transcript to be evaluated you are welcome to take the Accuplacer Test